Monday, October 8, 2012

The Wall

Well folks it was bound to happen. We are some where around weeks since i started this book and I've it a wall. Not necessarily a writer's block, but a wall of uncertainty. I've consulted a few others and I know where I'm going. I just not sure if I like what little I've written lately. Current word count 50988, halfway through chapter 16, around 147 pages. I have given myself till just before the release of the next Dresden Files book releases. So November 27. Jim Butcher is already a heavy influence on my writing style. I have to repeatedly ask my wife to make sure it isn't to much like him. Hopefully my mistress the Muse returns soon and rekindles the fire. I think i might shift gears for a little bit and do some sketch art of the main characters. stay tuned.

Pre edit teaser- Brill

I picked the bench that first met Brill on. I had tracked down a jewel thief to a street vendor that would sell noodles from a portable cart in this park. I was sitting at this bench watching my target when she happened to sit next to me.

She was tall at lest six foot four in the low heels she wore. She wore a dark purple dress with black lace frills for trim around the sleeves and bottom of the dress. She wore a Black corset the pushed up her bust quite pleasantly. Her hair was fashioned in puffy curls with a black and purple feather headdress. Over all the ensemble went well with the with her vibrant green skin color and surprisingly her rather defined muscles did not take away but enhanced the appeal.

We made small talk while I kept my eye on the noodle vender. She told me how she like coming to Founders Park cause of the contrast to orc country. She spoke of how she was surprised that she was not looked down upon or mistreated as she had expected her first time out.

At some point she asked what I did for a living. That was when the thief went to make the exchange. I hopped up told her it was a pleasure and ran after the buyer. He sprinted toward me and dashed under my grasping arms. He was a spry little elf. He bolted toward where I had been sitting with Brill.

She stood from the bench and I remember seeing a small smirk on her violet painted lips. She outstretched her right arm as the buyer was running passed her. Imagine it must have been like running into a steel girder. She did not flinch but the runner spun a full three rotations in the air before land poorly on his back.

I recovered the stolen item and extend my arm insisting she walk with me. We went on our first date that very day. My little way down memory lane faded with a nudge in my side.




“I like the beard, sweetie. It suits you well.” Brill said.

No comments:

Post a Comment