Monday, November 12, 2012

Musical Inspiration


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dw1qi9ofbg4

 So a few of the other authors I follow have been posting about what music they use for inspiration. So I figured I should share. The above picture is for the Rockstar game "L.A. Noire" A really awesome game that I have yet to finish  The game is based in 1940s LA and follows the case of a LA detective as he rises through the ranks. The gameplay however is not the defining feature of the game for me. The soundtrack features 40s noir style jazz featured in the old noir films. I had the entire soundtrack on repeat for nearly a month when I started working on MFLI. The horns would transport me to my vision of Luimere and into the shoes of Marcus Moore private eye. Marcus's words and thoughts would just pour out of me as the strings played somber sounds. If MFLI were ever to become a movie I definitely would insist on this style of music in steampunk world. The above link is to the extended version of the Main Theme as the song was titled. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment