Thursday, January 3, 2013

A Writer's Resolution

Let us start with happy New Year for those of you whose New Year started on the first. Delayed on the blog as I was looking for a good topic to write about. The road to Luimere is currently in traffic waiting on the edit of book one to return. I did complete the prequel short story and I will be revising and having that read by a few beta readers shortly. Sadly, I won't be able to give any samples as I am attempting to submit it for extra press. 

So traditionally folks set a unrealistic resolutions that they eventually forget. Last year I stated I would get back into fighting form, which for the first 6 month I did. Then I moved, lost the free equipment and got lazy again. This year, I'm making a writer's resolution. In actuality I'm setting goals I wish to achieve during the new year.

To Do's

1. Self publish MFLI: The Kid
2. Self publish Serial Novella  Violet Eclipse- A Time In Shadow, Part 1
3.Submit/Self Publish MFLI: The Husband short story
4.Write Book 2 MFLI: The Machine (tentative title) est. 75000-80000 words
5. Write Serial Novella Violet Eclipse- A Time In Shadow, Part 2 est 30000 words
6. Self publish Book 2 The Machine (tentative title)
7. Self publish Serial Novella Violet Eclipse- A Time In Shadow, Part 2 

The above list are doable for 2013. The following are proposed for 2013/2014.

1. Write Book 3 MFLI:(untitled) est. 75000-80000 words
2. Write Serial Novella Violet Eclipse- What Lies Outside, Part 1 est 30000 words
3.Write The Misfits- Bloodlines (novelization of my webcomic) est. 75000-80000 words
4. Write Serial Novella Violet Eclipse- What Lies Outside, Part 2 est 30000 words

I think the above is doable if the Muse remains with me. I believe I'm being realistic with my goals as I'm only set to write one book and one novella this year. The proposed list are wants,but I'm not pressuring myself to write those this year.  More likely than not I will write the third book in the MFLI book this year as well.

So now the question for you writers out there. What's your Writer's Resolution?


No comments:

Post a Comment